Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Fruitful Day

Welcome to The Red Lentil blogpost and into my kitchen and garden! It is my hope that the food stories I will share from my daily life will bring learning, laughing, and salivating to yours.

Today was the clean out the fridge day- blech. Not the most enjoyable thing to do but by Wednesday I'll be glad it was done. In retrospect, I am convinced the act of cleaning the fridge created good fruit karma for the day. Because right at 2pm the doorbell rang and it was my neighbor with a bag full of yellow tomatoes! I scored some of them and they are now happily sitting, perched in the window sill next two two red ones we'd just plucked from our tomato plant.

Since my fruit karma seemed to be faring well, I pulled out a MAMMOTH zucchini from the fridge, also a gift provided to us. Shred, shred, shred went the food processor.

And last but not least, the third and final fruit gift, a bag of cute green apples from the tree of my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, were cooked down in a pot into a sweet mesh of mush. One tupperware container frozen and one standing by in the CLEAN fridge.

All of these fruit gifts and so many recipe ideas. Apple zucchini muffins, zucchini potato patties, and tomato corn salad, to name a few.

And tomorrow, it's off to the farmer's market. . . in search of more fruit.

Be Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment