Saturday, November 21, 2009

lemons

What happened last night when I opened the fridge and came face to face with empty shelves and bits of this and that. . . I made dinner.

First I reached for the sweet potato, onion, garlic, and frozen corn. Once that was cooked up nicely on the stove top, the question remained. . . what next?

I weighed my options: One tortilla, a pantry full of grains, and 1 batch of leftover pizza dough in the fridge. A peek into the freezer revealed frozen pesto discs from the summer, and the decision was made. . . it would be pizza.

One pesto round coated the veggies nicely, while another round mixed into ricotta. With no mozzarella to be found in my fridge, a half container of leftover ricotta (past its date but not funky yet) would suffice as the cheesy element.

Dough was patted and massaged with oil and garlic, pesto veggies and pesto cheese poured on top, and the oven beeped with anticipation.

425 degrees and 20 minutes later, dinner was ready.

That night, making something out of nothing was quite delicious.

Be Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment